Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Waiting.....

Right now, I am waiting. Waiting for many things.. waiting for my old restored home to be done completely and for my builder to do his part, waiting on Emery to take her first steps and to talk more, waiting on Everett to find a toy, to finish his dinner, to follow me in the store. I am waiting on my sweet husband to do things for me, waiting for a getaway trip with him, waiting for our union to grow closer and stronger each day.. .
We are always waiting on something. And what I have been learning lately is not so much about what we are waiting ON but how we respond when we are waiting. If I truly believe that God is in control of all things, that he has purposes in even the seemingly little things in my life then I have to believe that waiting is part of his plan. In fact I am ultimately waiting to be reunited with HIm one day face to face.
So what I am learning right now is that I have to TRUST God in the waiting rooms of life. I have to trust that He is good, that HE is right besides me and that in faith and in his strength I can wait well. That I can actually wait without complaining and grumbling. I hope that as I learn to wait that I teach my children what it really does mean to “practice patience, and self control” and to show them a picture of GOD who is worth waiting on.

No comments:

Post a Comment